LIVE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM TRAINING – RELP
Leadership – Module 3
The online Retail Executive Leadership Program (RELP) was developed to increase your knowledge and skills to lead a retail business and become a better person. To grow, we all need to get out of our comfort zone—expand our horizons and redefine our potential. With self-assessments and guided investigations, you will develop your own unique leadership style for success, learning to positively engage people and teams by responding to challenges with greater sophistication and confidence, making better decisions, resolving conflicts, improving employee performance, and promoting change.
You will get a new perspectives and insights necessary to assess, interpret, and respond to situations of uncertainty through online class sessions, interactive discussions, and integrated weekly activities. Work with your peers to discover different approaches to managing industry challenges they have encountered during their careers, making each session both collaborative, practical, and applicable.
The program is comprised of six sessions (modules) delivered online for six weeks. Each session consists of a webinar, online courses, activities, and support materials. The webinars are approximately 80 minutes long and consist of a group work and presentations.
- Week 0 – Orientation
- Week 1 – Foundations of Leadership
- Week 2 – The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Assessment
- Week 3 – Interpersonal Effectiveness–Emotional Intelligence
- Week 4 – Culture and Performance
- Week 5 – Learning Leader
- Week 6 – Leading Strategic Change Initiatives
Optional Readings: There are several books or online courses that you may find useful during or after this course. These are not required but recommended, should you desire to pursue the subject in greater depth. The list will be provided to registrants at the beginning of the course.
- Module 1 – Leadership
- Faculty: Paulo Goelzer, PhD.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Class Size: 20 students (Maximum capacity)
- Effort: 2-5 hours per week
- Format: 100% online
- Model: Instructor-led
- Class Day/Time: Tuesdays 10:00 AM CST
- Price: $450
An academic practitioner with more than 20 years of experience in the retail industry will facilitate the course. Students will also gain insight from partner companies and visiting guests.
Once the participant has completed all six sessions, they will take a competency exam. If needed, the student will have a few opportunities to demonstrate competency. A Retail Leadership Certificate will be awarded upon course and satisfactory competency exam completion. These leadership sessions are part of the Supermarket Management Class; however, it is open to individuals who are only interested in the leadership subject.
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM BENEFITS
- For Individuals: Provides busy people the flexibility to develop their skills on their own schedule.
Format available: 100% online
- For Teams: Capitalize on the group learning experience which provides greatest impact for learning retention.
Format available: Blended or 100% online
- For Businesses: Ability to customize the online program to help retailers benefit from the scale and speed of online education and give employees the critical knowledge needed to formulate new strategies and execute transformation.
Format available: Classroom and blended